Autobiography Notes, 1853 - 1944
Scope and Contents
This subseries consists of 72 folders variously labeled that correspond to chapters or topics in Charles C. Chapman's autobiography, such as a folder on his boyhood, his parents, his association with Chapman College, biographies of his sisters and brothers, the citrus industry, Fullerton, CA, his contributions to politics, civic life, and religion. These papers cover the time period of 1853-1944.
- 1853 - 1944
- Chapman, Charles C. (Clarke) (Writer of accompanying material, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
1 Linear Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
This subseries contains the notes and drafts related to the writing of Charles C. Chapman's autobiography, Chares C. Chapman: The Career of a Creative California 1853-1944, which was edited by Donald H. Pflueger, published by Anderson, Ritchie, and Simon, Los Angeles, 1976. Divisions pertain to the thematic chapters of his book.
- California -- Citrus fruit industry Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Chapman College -- History Subject Source: Local sources
- Chicago (Ill.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Fullerton (Calif.) -- Biography Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Genealogy -- Chapman family. Subject Source: Local sources
- Macomb (Ill.) -- Biography. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- McDonough County (Ill.) -- Biography Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Part of the University Archives, Frank Mt. Pleasant Library of Special Collections & Archives Repository
One University Drive
Orange CA 92866 USA US