Pamphlet collection, 1881 - 1940
Scope and Contents
Pamphlets collected by Charles C. Chapman in two boxes, on topics such as prohibition, travel, WWI, politics which include pamphlets on Alf Landon, Herbert Hoover and the American Liberty League. The WWI pamphlets include a file on the Fullerton war dead and Selective Service paperwork--a Selective Service questionnaire, induction instructions, and information for local boards. Charles Chapman was the Chairman of the local board in Fullerton.
Of especial interest in the Prohibition file is a pamphlet called, "An answer to some recent pleas for the traffic and use of intoxicating beverages: An address...by Rev. John Alabaster, A.M., imprint, Ann Arbor, dated 1881. Written in pencil on top of the pamphlet it says: "Save this, was present. CCC".
Of special interest in the Travel file are Chicago World Fair of 1933 brochures and a souvenir book from the California Pacific International Exposition in San Diego in 1936. Also brochures on the Woolworth building in New York.
- Creation: 1881 - 1940
- Chapman, Charles C. (Clarke) (Collector, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
0.8 Linear Feet (2 boxes)
Language of Materials
A collection of various pamphlets collected by Charles C. Chapman and arranged by him in subject files.
Box 1: Prohibition, Travel, World War I
Box 2: Politics
- American Liberty League.
- California -- Politics and Government
- California Pacific International Exposition (1935-1936 San Diego, Calif.)
- Century of Progress International Exposition (1933-1934 : Chicago, Ill.)
- Chicago (Ill.) -- History.
- Fullerton (Calif.) -- Biography
- Fullerton (Calif.) -- History.
- Hoover, Herbert, 1874-1964.
- Landon, Alfred M. (Alfred Mossman), 1887-1987.
- New York (N.Y.) -- Buildings, structures, etc.
- Prohibition -- United States.
- Republican Party (U.S.: 1854- ) -- History.
- Tariffs -- United States -- 1900-1910.
- United States -- Politics and Government -- 1923-1929.
- World War (1914-1918)
- YMCA of the USA.