Series 1. Correspondence from Frederick Hecht, 1941 February 7 - 1943 March 15
Scope and Contents
This series contains 15 correspondence from Private First Class Frederick Hecht to his sister and brother-in-law Marie Hecht Kaplan and Nathan Kaplan, his brother Arthur Lee Hecht, his mother and father Lillian and Samuel Hecht, and his sister and brother-in-law Ann Hecht Weiss and Samuel Weiss during the Second World War. In his letters, Frederick asks his family to write more often. He also talks about receiving his Silver Star in North Africa during the landings in 1942. One of the letters, written to his sister Marie Kaplan on September 1, 1942 is framed as a will, granting his life insurance money to his parents in the event of his death.
- 1941 February 7 - 1943 March 15
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
.03 Linear Feet (1 folder)
Language of Materials
- Correspondence -- World War, 1939-1945 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Postcards. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- V-mail Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Africa, North Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings