Collection — translation missing: en.enumerations.container_type.container: Mendez v. Westminster Box 5, Folder: 9-12
Scope and Contents
This collection contains materials regarding the "Mendez v. Westminster 60th Anniversary and Official U.S. Postage Stamp Unveiling" event held at Chapman University on April 14, 2007. The collection includes: correspondences and a CD of the agenda, eight CDs of digital photographs from the event, event flyers and clippings. This collection also contains a file of March on Washington material, which was deposited in January 2013. This file includes First Day of Issue stamps featuring prominent Black Americans, a 1963 "March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom" program with Black Heritage stamps from 2011, the "I have a Dream" Martin Luther King address with stamps from 2011 and a faux MLK paper note of $1,000,000, an envelope with a quote by John Lewis and a stamp of Central High School from Little Rock, an original draft of John Lewis' "March on Washington" speech with a signed photo of John Lewis, a replica of Ernest G. Green's Central High School diploma from 1958 with Green's photocopied signature from 2007, and postcards of the Mendez stamp.
- c. 2007-2011
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
There are no restrictions on the use of this material except where previously copyrighted material is concerned. It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain all permissions. For further copyright information, please contact the archivist.
0.1 Linear Feet (4 folders)
Language of Materials
This collection contains materials regarding the "Mendez v. Westminster 60th Anniversary and Official U.S. Postage Stamp Unveiling" event held at Chapman University on April 14, 2007.
Leatherby Libraries, Frank Mt. Pleasant Library of Special Collections and Archives
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Anaida Colon-Muniz
- Mendez et al. v Westminster et al. Archives Subject Source: Local sources
- Mendez et al. v. Westminster School District et al. Subject Source: Local sources
- Mexican Americans -- California -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Orange County (Calif.) -- History -- Congresses Subject Source: Local sources
- Segregation in education -- California. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Special events Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for Colon-Muniz records
- Lauren Abel, Rand Boyd
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note