Seiko Munemitsu and Gonzalo Mendez lease agreements
Collection — Container: Mendez v. Westminster Box 2, Folder: 6-7
Scope and Contents
This collection contains original leases for farm land made between Seiko L. Munemitsu and Gonzalo Mendez in Westminster, CA. The first land lease was signed on December 20, 1944 and the second land lease was signed on August 31, 1945. The Mendez family took over the farms and ran them successfully while the Munemitsu family were in Japanese internment camps.
- 1944 - 1945
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
There are no restrictions on the use of this material except where previously copyrighted material is concerned. It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain all permissions. For further copyright information, please contact the archivist.
.02 Linear Feet (2 folders)
Language of Materials
This collection contains two original leases for farm land made between Seiko Munemitsu and Gonzalo Mendez in Westminster, CA.
Leatherby Libraries, Frank Mt. Pleasant Library of Special Collections and Archives
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Janice Munemitsu.
- Mendez et al. v Westminster et al. Archives Subject Source: Local sources
- Mendez et al. v. Westminster School District et al. Subject Source: Local sources
- Mexican Americans -- California -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Seiko Munemitsu and Gonzalo Mendez lease agreements
- Lauren Abel
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note