Mendez v. Westminster group study room dedication records
Collection — Container: Mendez v. Westminster Box 6, Folder: 1
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of invitations, programs, and certificates from the celebration of the dedication of the Mendez v. Westminster group study room and the Mendez v. Westminster Archive, in honor of the Sayre Family, that was held on October 14, 2009. The invitations are in English on one side and in Spanish on the other. The program lists Anaida Colon-Muniz, Mike Madrid, Federico Castelan Sayre, and Sandra Robbie as some of the speakers at the celebration. The Certificates of Congressional Recognition were presented to Chapman University, the College of Educational Studies, and the Leatherby Libraries. One was signed by Member of Congress, 40th district, Ed Royce, and the other was signed by Member of Congress, Loretta Sanchez.
- Event: October 14, 2009
Language of Materials
The materials in this collection are in English and Spanish.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
There are no restrictions on the use of this material except where previously copyrighted material is concerned. It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain all permissions. For further copyright information, please contact the archivist.
.05 Linear Feet (1 file folder)
This collection contains invitations, programs, and certificates from the celebration of the dedication of Mendez v. Westminster group study room (located on the third floor of Leatherby Libraries) and Mendez v. Westminster Archive, in honor of the Sayre Family, held on October 14, 2009.
Leatherby Libraries, Frank Mt. Pleasant Library of Special Collections and Archives
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Chapman University -- College of Educational Studies Subject Source: Local sources
- Chapman University. Leatherby Libraries. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mendez et al. v Westminster et al. Archives Subject Source: Local sources
- Mendez et al. v. Westminster School District et al. Subject Source: Local sources
- Segregation in education -- California. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Segregation in education -- Law and legislation -- California -- Orange County. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Mendez v. Westminster group study room dedication records
- Lauren Abel
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note