Claudia and Ken Horn theatre and music ephemera collection
Collection — document-box: 1, Folder: 1-2
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of programs and printed ephemera related to various theatre, musicals, orchestra, opera, and ballet performances performed in Los Angeles, CA from 1940-1959. Some of the programs include Oklahoma, Folies Bergere of 1941, Meet the People, Around the World in 80 Days, Let Freedom Swing, Porgy and Bess, La Boheme, Light Opera Festival, and The New Moon. Many of these programs are from the El Capitan Theatre, Earl Carroll Theatre, Philharmonic Auditorium, Carthay Circle Theatre, and the Biltmore Theatre. One program of interest if a Florentine Gardens Revue from the 1940s that features many musicians and dancers.
- 1940 - 1959
Language of Materials
The materials in this collection are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
There are no restrictions on the use of this material except where previously copyrighted material is concerned. It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain all permissions.
0.5 Linear Feet (1 document box, 2 folders)
This collection consists of theatre and music programs for a number of performances that took place in and around Los Angeles from 1940 to 1959.
Gift of Claudia and Ken Horn.
- Los Angeles (Calif.) -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Musical theater -- United States -- 20th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Musical theater -- United States. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Claudia and Ken Horn theatre and music ephemera collection
- Maria Yanez
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description