Christopher Arriola Mendez v. Westminster records
This collection was donated by Christopher Arriola, Deputy District Attorney for the County of Santa Clara. It contains copies of documents, articles and other records related to the Mendez v. Westminster case. The collection includes transcribed interviews, court transcripts, and two papers written by Arriola: "Mendez v. Westminster (1946): A Research Pathfinder to Chicano Legal History," from 1994 and "Silent Segregation" from 1992. This collection also includes a copy of "Knocking on the Schoolhouse Door" by Arriola from La Raza Law Journal of 1995. Arriola appeared in Sandra Robbie's 2003 documentary film Mendez vs. Westminster: For All the Children.
- 1912 - 2005
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
There are no restrictions on the use of this material except where previously copyrighted material is concerned. It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain all permissions. For further copyright information, please contact the archivist.
1 Linear Feet (6 folders)
Language of Materials
This collection contains articles and documents related to the Mendez v. Westminster case. These records were put together by Christopher Arriola, a Deputy District Attorney for the County of Santa Clara who appeared in Sandra Robbie's 2003 documentary film Mendez vs. Westminster: For All the Children.
Leatherby Libraries, Frank Mt. Pleasant Library of Special Collections and Archives
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Chris and Sonya Arriola
- California -- Politics and government Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mendez et al. v Westminster et al. archives Subject Source: Local sources
- Mendez et al. v. Westminster School District et al. Subject Source: Local sources
- Mexican Americans -- California -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Segregation in education -- California. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Christopher Arriola Mendez v. Westminster records
- Andrew Harman
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Frank Mt. Pleasant Library of Special Collections and Archives, Leatherby Libraries Repository
One University Drive
Orange 92866 USA US