David Marcus records
Collection — Container: Mendez v. Westminster Box 2, Folder: 8
This collection consists of a high resolution photo of David Marcus and one plaque belonging to Marcus from his law office. Accession record in filing cabinet (2009 folder) states form and quantity received as 1 plaque and 1 CD. The photograph of David Marcus is possibly on the CD, but the CD has not been located. The photograph can be found digitally online: http://digitalcommons.chapman.edu/mendez_v_westminster/20/
- c. 1944 - 1948
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
There are no restrictions on the use of this material except where previously copyrighted material is concerned. It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain all permissions. For further copyright information, please contact the archivist.
Biographical / Historical
David Marcus was the civil rights attorney for Gonzalo Mendez and the other plaintiffs in the Mendez v. Westminster case of 1946-1947.
.08 Linear feet (1 folder)
Language of Materials
This collection consists of a high resolution photo of David Marcus and one plaque that belonged to Marcus from his law office.
Leatherby Libraries, Frank Mt. Pleasant Library of Special Collections and Archives
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Accession record in filing cabinet (2009 folder) states that the donor of this collection is Robert DeLapp, but that it is also a loan from Sandra Robbie. (Deposited on November 17, 2009.)
- Mendez et al. v Westminster et al. Archives Subject Source: Local sources
- Mendez et al. v. Westminster School District et al. Subject Source: Local sources
- Segregation in education -- Law and legislation -- California -- Orange County. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the David Marcus records
- Lissete Ocampo
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note