Erica Bennett short film
Collection — translation missing: en.enumerations.container_type.container: Mendez v. Westminster Box 5, Folder: 14
This DVD is a short film titled "Mendez v. Westminster: Families for Equality" and was donated by Erica Bennett. It was created by Bennett in 2009 and released in 2010. The film is about the Mendez v. Westminster case of 1946-1947, the families that were involved, and the legacy of the case. It features some of the individuals connected to the case like: Isabel Ayala, Jeannie Ayala Murphy, Beverly Guzman Gallegos, Virginia Guzman, Gonzalo Mendez Jr., Sylvia Mendez, Janice Munemitsu, Henry Ramirez, Silvino Ramirez, and Josefina Soto Ramirez.
- Publication: Released in 2010
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
There are no restrictions on the use of this material except where previously copyrighted material is concerned. It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain all permissions. For further copyright information, please contact the archivist.
.025 Linear feet ((1 folder) )
Language of Materials
This item is a short film on DVD titled "Mendez v. Westminster: Families for Equality" and was created by Erica Bennett. It was donated by Bennett in January of 2011.
Leatherby Libraries, Frank Mt. Pleasant Library of Special Collections and Archives
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Erica Bennett
- Gallegos, Beverly Guzman, August 5, 1948-
- Mendez et al. v Westminster et al. Archives Subject Source: Local sources
- Mendez et al. v. Westminster School District et al. Subject Source: Local sources
- Orange County (Calif.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Segregation in education -- California. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Erica Bennett short film
- Lissete Ocampo
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note