Mendez v. Westminster legacy ephemera
Collection — Container: Mendez v. Westminster Box 6, Folder: 2-8
This collection contains: a flyer for a 2006 KOCE Classroom Live on “Mendez vs. Westminster”; a flyer for the 2006 Mendez vs. Westminster 60-year Anniversary Civil Rights Tour of Old Towne Orange; flyers for the Mendez Student Checking Account with Farmers and Merchants Bank, in support of the Chapman University Mendez Project; and flyers, one program, and miscellaneous papers for the 2011 Mendez v. Westminster 5,001 Campaign. It also includes an invitation for the 2009 group study room dedication; a letter, invitations, programs, and a name tag for the 2010 Imagine Mendez Forever Celebration; exhibit guides for “Courage” at the Levine Museum with one flyer mentioning the exhibit of Para Todos Los Niños, For All the Children; a pamphlet and a flyer for “A Class Action”, the 2012 Museum of Teaching and Learning events related to Mendez v Westminster; and orange "Random Acts of Mendez" bracelets with peace signs from 2016.
- 2006 – 2016
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
There are no restrictions on the use of this material except where previously copyrighted material is concerned. It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain all permissions. For further copyright information, please contact the archivist.
.17 Linear feet (7 folders)
Language of Materials
This collection contains ephemera such as flyers, programs, invitations, letters, exhibit guides, pamphlets, and other papers from events regarding the legacy of the Mendez v. Westminster case of 1946.
Leatherby Libraries, Frank Mt. Pleasant Library of Special Collections and Archives
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Mendez et al. v Westminster et al. Archives Subject Source: Local sources
- Mendez et al. v. Westminster School District et al. Subject Source: Local sources
- Mexican Americans -- California -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Segregation in education -- California. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Mendez v. Westminster legacy ephemera
- Lissete Ocampo
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note