Mike Madrid Mendez v. Westminster records
Collection — Container: Mendez v. Westminster Box 5, Folder: 1-4
Scope and Contents
This collection contains material donated by Professor Mike Madrid, Ph.D., Education Director at Chapman University, and consists of: A Family Changes History: Mendez v. Westminster, which contains the article "A Landmark Little Noted" written by Christopher Arriola; The Multilingual Educator, which contains "Neglected History: the Mendez Desegregation Case" written by Madrid; LULAC Project: Patriots with Civil Rights, Early History of the League of United Latin American Citizens in California (1929-1957) and Gonzalo Mendez et al. vs. Westminster School District of Orange County et al. by Margie de la Torre Aguirre from 2009; and the 4th Annual Summer Institute on Leadership for Educational Justice: Conference Proceedings (2008), containing an article by Mike Madrid titled: "The Mendez Case as Neglected History and Missing Curriculum."
- 1997 – 2008
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
There are no restrictions on the use of this material except where previously copyrighted material is concerned. It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain all permissions. For further copyright information, please contact the archivist.
.12 Linear Feet (4 folders)
This collection contains material donated by Professor Mike Madrid, Ph.D., Education Director at Chapman University, and consists of material that is related to the Mendez v. Westminster case.
Leatherby Libraries, Frank Mt. Pleasant Library of Special Collections and Archives
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Professor Mike Madrid (Chapman University).
- Mendez et al. v Westminster et al. Archives Subject Source: Local sources
- Mendez et al. v. Westminster School District et al. Subject Source: Local sources
- Mexican Americans -- California -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Orange County (Calif.) -- History -- Congresses Subject Source: Local sources
- Segregation in education -- California. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Mike Madrid Mendez v. Westminster records
- Rand Boyd
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description