Ayala family papers
Collection — Container: Mendez v. Westminster Box 2, Folder: 1-4
Scope and Contents
The Ayala family papers contain personal correspondence and documents of Jeannie (Ayala) Murphy and Cora (Ayala) Oviedo. It includes photographs of the Ayala sisters, of their parents, class photos, and their sister Isabel Ayala who was a witness in the Mendez v. Westminster trial. A highlight of the collection is a transcript of Isabel Ayala's testimony in the Mendez v. Westminster trial. Also included is ephemera related to the legacy of the Mendez v. Westminster case.
- 1940 - 2011
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
There are no restrictions on the use of this material except where previously copyrighted material is concerned. It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain all permissions. For further copyright information, please contact the archivist.
0.1 Linear Feet (4 folders)
The Ayala family papers consist of photos, personal correspondence, and documents of the Ayala sisters and photos of their parents and their classes. Included is a transcript of Isabel Ayala's testimony in the Mendez v. Westminster trial and ephemera related to the legacy of the case.
Leatherby Libraries, Frank Mt. Pleasant Library of Special Collections and Archives
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Cora (Ayala) Oviedo and Jeannie (Ayala) Murphy.
- Mendez et al. v Westminster et al. Archives Subject Source: Local sources
- Mendez et al. v. Westminster School District et al. Subject Source: Local sources
- Mexican Americans -- California -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Orange County (Calif.) -- History -- Congresses Subject Source: Local sources
- Segregation in education -- California. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Ayala family papers
- Lauren Abel, Rand Boyd
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description