Paul Herman De Walt Second World War correspondence
This collection contains 265 correspondence from multiple sources from the Armed Forces during and after the Second World War collected by Paul Herman De Walt, as well as correspondence addressed to him. Background information included with the donation form. The collection also contains 20 magazines, 16 newspapers, 11 newspaper clippings, 54 ephemera, 47 photographs, 1 journal, 2 realia, and 5 magazine clippings.
To thank and recognize Paul Herman De Walt, his kindness and dedication to his colleagues at Indiana General Service, Deer Creek Station, Marion, Indiana and those colleagues-- men and women serving in the Armed Forces--who built this collection and Mr. De Walt preserved. And James Howell Miller, a colleague and one of the letter writers.
- Majority of material found within 1942 - 1957
.92 Linear feet
265 correspondence 20 magazines 16 newspapers 11 newspaper clippings 54 ephemera 47 photographs 1 journal 2 realia 5 magazine clippings
- Correspondence -- World War, 1939-1945 Subject Source: Local sources
- Photographs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War (1939-1945) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War (1939-1945) -- Newspapers Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War (1939-1945) -- Photography Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings