Clyde D. Eoff First World War correspondence
Collection — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of 322 correspondence from Sgt. Clyde D. Eoff, AEF to his family during the First World War. The correspondence covers a period from 1917 - 1942, though the bulk is from 1917-1919. This collection also includes a few photographs, drawings, poems, and some miscellaneous ephemera.
- 1917 September 20 - 1942 September 21
- Majority of material found within 1917 September 20 - 1919 August 1
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
There are no restrictions on the use of this material except where previously copyrighted material is concerned. It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain all permissions.
Biographical / Historical
Sergeant Clyde Dawson Eoff, American Expeditionary Force was born to Charles and Anna Eoff on 28 April 1893 in Omaha, Nebraska. Sgt. Eoff registered for the draft when he was twentyfour years old in Nebraska and reported for training on 20 September 1917. He received training at Camp Funston, Kansas for service during the First World War One. Upon completion of his training, Sgt. Eoff was assigned to the Ordnance Department and was deployed to France. Sgt. Eoff served with the 314th Mobile Ordnance Repair Shop, and was eventually promoted to 2nd Lieutenant.
0.5 Linear Feet (1 document box)
Language of Materials
This collection consists of letters written by Sgt. Clyde D. Eoff, AEF, to his mother, sisters, and father, from 1917 to 1942. Also included in this collection are photographs, postcards, and miscellaneous ephemera.
The Clyde D. Eoff World War One correspondence collection is arranged by recipient, and each series is in chronological order.
- Series 1, Correspondence to Mrs. Charles (Chas) Eoff
- Series 2, Correspondence to Josephine Eoff
- Series 3, Correspondence to Dolly Eoff
- Series 4, Postcards
- Series 5, Miscellaneous
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of the child of Clyde D. Eoff; name unknown.
- Armistice Day Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence -- World War, 1914-1918 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Poetry. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1914-1918 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Homefront Subject Source: Local sources
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Photography Subject Source: Local sources
- World War, 1914-1918--France Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- YMCA of the USA. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Clyde D. Eoff World War One correspondence
- Maria Yanez
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note