Raymond J. Briese Second World War correspondence
Collection — Box: WWII 1, Folder: 12, Folder: 1
Scope and Contents
This collection contains three correspondence and one postcard written by Sergeant Raymond Joseph Briese, United States Army to his sister and family during the Second World War. Briese was in Company B, 318th Infantry. The postcard was sent from Camp Phillips, Kansas, and three letters were sent from a hospital in England after being wounded and sent there.
- 1943 September 6 - 1944 December 31
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
There are no restrictions on the use of this material except where previously copyrighted material is concerned. It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain all permissions. For further copyright information, please contact the archivist.
0.025 Linear Feet (1 folder)
Language of Materials
This collection contains correspondence from Sgt. Raymond Joseph Briese, USA during the Second World War. All documents are originals.
This collection is arranged in chronological order.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Teresa Keller
- Battle casualties Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence -- World War, 1939-1945 Subject Source: Local sources
- World War (1939-1945) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War (1939-1945) -- Casualties Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for Raymond J. Briese Second World War correspondence
- Daniel Levy
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note