Robert S. Easterbrook Second World War correspondence
This collection contains correspondence and other materials from SSgt. Robert S. Easterbrook, USA, to his family during the Second World War. SSgt. Easterbrook served in the 98th Evacuation Hospital and was the assistant to the army physician who attended to Hideki Tojo, ex-premier of Japan, after Tojo tried to commit suicide.
- five correspondence (original)
- one correspondence (photocopy)
- one photograph
- two hospital records (original)
- two newspaper clippings
- four issues of periodicals
- 1945 September 12 - 1946 November 26
Conditions Governing Use
There are no restrictions on the use of this material except where previously copyrighted material is concerned. It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain all permissions. For further copyright information, please contact the archivist.
Biographical / Historical
Staff Sergeant Robert Stroh Easterbrook, United States Army (11/20/1921 - 5/1/1986) was born in Saybrook, Iowa and lived in Davenport when he was enlisted on June 17, 1944. He departed the U.S. on June 1, 1945 and served with the 98th Evacuation Hospital during the Second World War. SSgt. Davenport returned to the U.S. on May 10, 1946 and was discharged six days later. He passed away in 1986 at the age of 64.
.3 Linear feet (4 folders)
Language of Materials
This collection contains correspondence and other materials from SSgt. Robert S. Easterbrook, USA, to his family during the Second World War.
This collection is arranged by material type.
- Series 1, Correspondence from Robert S. Easterbrook
- Series 2, Hideki Tojo's Hospital Records
- Series 3, Periodicals and Newspaper Clippings
Immediate Source of Acquisition
signature letter from Andrew Carroll
- Correspondence -- World War, 1939-1945 Subject Source: Local sources
- Periodicals Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War (1939-1945) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War (1939-1945) -- Hospitals Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for Robert S. Easterbrook Second World War correspondence
- John Encarnacion
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Part of the Center for American War Letters Archives Repository
Orange CA 92866 United States