The Book Shop war correspondence collection
This collection was donated by The Book Shop, LLC, a bookseller operating in Covina, California. The collection contains an assortment of letters written by various authors spanning from 1916 to 1977. A majority of the authors were servicemen writing during wartime, but there are also some letters written by civilians during the interwar period of the First and Second World Wars.
It is unknown if there is any relation between the authors and recipients of one series to the authors and recipients of another series.
Inventory: 69 correspondence, 2 photographs, 3 pamphlets
- 1916 - 1977
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
There are no restrictions on the use of this material except where previously copyrighted material is concerned. It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain all permissions. For further copyright information, please contact the archivist.
.5 Linear Feet (1 document box)
Language of Materials
This collection was donated by The Book Shop, LLC and contains an assortment of letters written by various authors spanning from 1916 to 1977.
This collection is arranged in alphabetical order of authors' last names.
- Series 1, Correspondence to Pauline Arnold
- Series 2, Correspondence to Marie A. Charles
- Series 3, Correspondence to Alta Furness
- Series 4, The Haddon Family correspondence
- Series 5, Correspondence to Marie McGrath
- Series 6, Corespondence to Robert Moore
- Series 7, Correspondence from Anthony Reiland
- Series 8, Correspondence from various authors
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of The Book Shop, LLC
- Finding Aid for The Book Shop war correspondence
- John Encarnacion
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- English, Lithuanian