Willard Ray Haley Second World War photo album and scrapbook
This collection contains two photo albums and one scrapbook belonging to Sgt. Willard Ray Haley, USAAF during the Second World War. Also included are several medals, a foot locker*, and various military documents relating to Haley's time in the military.
Between August 1941 and November 1942 Haley was stationed at Fort Mears, Dutch Harbor, Alaska. One of the albums in this collection bears the seal of the Alaska Defense Command which was responsible for coordinating the defense of the Alaska territory after the attack on Pearl Harbor.
*foot locker included as part of Series 3.
- 1943 October 14 - 1998 September 11
- Majority of material found within 1943 October 14 - 1946
- Haley, Willard Ray, Sergeant, 1917-1996 (Creator, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
There are no restrictions on the use of this material except where previously copyrighted material is concerned. It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain all permissions. For further copyright information, please contact the archivist.
Biographical / Historical
Sergeant Willard Ray Haley, United States Army Air Force (10/11/1917 - 3/28/1996) served as a gunner during the Second World War.
.25 Linear Feet (3/4 document box) (1 footlocker, uncontainered)
Language of Materials
This collection contains photo albums, a scrapbook, medals, and various miliary documents belonging to Sgt. Willard Ray Haley USAAF who served during the Second World War.
This collection is arranged by type and date:
- Series 1, Photo Albums and scrapbook
- Series 2, Military documents
- Series 3, Medals
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Kathy Griswold. Rec'd 11-5-2015.
- Photographs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States -- Army -- Air Forces Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States -- Army Air Forces -- Aerial gunnery Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States Army -- Alaska Defense Command Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War (1939-1945) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Willard Ray Haley Second World War photo album and scrapbook
- Andrea Paquin
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note