Wesley F. Diedrich First World War correspondence
This collection is available online in Chapman University's Digital Commons: https://digitalcommons.chapman.edu/wfdiedrich_collection/
This collection contains 69 letters from PFC Wesley F. Diedrich, AEF to his parents during the First World War.
In the first half of the collection, PFC Diedrich described his training and other happenings at Camp Logan in Houston, TX. In the second half of the collection his division went to Europe and he described cities and locations they visit.
The collection also contains six maps, four war pamphlets, six newspaper and magazine clippings, and three photographs.
- 1917 October 3 - 1919 May 31
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
There are no restrictions on the use of this material except where previously copyrighted material is concerned. It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain all permissions. For further copyright information, please contact the archivist.
Biographical / Historical
Private First Class Wesley F. Diedrich, AMerican Expeditionary Force (12/6/1900 - 9/2/1966) was born to Nicholas John and Elizabeth Catherine Diedrich in Joliet, Illinois. PFC. Diedrich reported for training at Camp Logan, Texas, on 3 October 1917. PFC. Diedrich served in the 27th company, 108th Engineers, 33rd Infantry Division of the American Expeditionary Forces in France. He sailed from New Jersey aboard the USS George Washington on May 8, 1918 bound for France and left Brest, France aboard the USS Harrisburg on May 15, 1919. PFC. Diedrich died in September 1966 and is buried in Ventura, CA.
0.3 Linear Feet (6 folders)
Language of Materials
This collection contains the correspondence and ephemera of PFC Wesley F. Diedrich, AEF during the First World War.
This collection is arranged by material type and date.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Vera Roads. Legacy collection from Andrew Carroll.
- Correspondence -- World War, 1914-1918 Subject Source: Local sources
- Maps. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War (1914-1918) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War (1914-1918) -- France Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War (1914-1918) -- Newspapers Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War (1914-1918) -- Photography Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Wesley F. Diedrich First World War correspondence
- Lauren Menges
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Part of the Center for American War Letters Archives Repository
Orange CA 92866 United States