Wilson Henry Price Second World War, Korean War, and Vietnam War correspondence
This collection is available online in Chapman University's Digital Commons:
This collection contains correspondence written by Master Sergeant Wilson Henry Price, United States Marine Corps to his family during the Second World War, the Korean War, and the Vietnam War. Price was a Navajo Code Talker during the Second World War, and he is honored on the Code Talker Monument in the Window Rock Navajo Tribal Park in Arizona.
- 1941 August 27 - 1960 December 17
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
There are no restrictions on the use of this material except where previously copyrighted material is concerned. It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain all permissions. For further copyright information, please contact the archivist.
.2 Linear feet (3 folders)
Language of Materials
This collection contains correspondence written by MSgt. Wilson Henry Price, USMC to his family during the Second World War, the Korean War, and the Vietnam War.
This collection is arranged by material type, author, and date.
- Series 1: correspondence from Wilson Henry Price
- Series 2: correspondence from Rose James Price
- Series 3: correspondence, other
In temporary custody of Andrew Carroll:
Letter, July 2, 1944 V-Mail, March, 1945 Letter, May 5, 1951 (2 pages) Letter, April 18, 1968 (2 pages, 1 envelope)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of LaVerna Joan Price
Donor irrevocably transfers, conveys, and assigns to Chapman University all Intellectual Property Rights for the Donated Materials. For more information, consult original donation form.
- Correspondence -- World War, 1939-1945 Subject Source: Local sources
- Korean War -- (1950-1953) -- Correspondence Subject Source: Local sources
- United States. -- Marine Corps Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Vietnam War (1961-1975) -- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War (1939-1945) -- Pacific Area Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Wilson Henry Price Second World War, Korean War, and Vietnam War correspondence
- Lorraine Shaller
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description