Francis J. Greechan Post-Second World War correspondence
Series — Box: Korea 1, Folder: 14-18
This collection contains 49 correspondence written by Private Francis J. Greechan, United States army, to his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Daniel A. Greechan, leading up to and during the Korean War. It also contains postcards, photographs, and ephemera.
- 1946 January 18- 1951 August 28
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
There are no restrictions on the use of this material except where previously copyrighted material is concerned. It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain all permissions. For further copyright information, please contact the archivist.
Biographical / Historical
Francis J. Greechan was born in Allentown, PA, in 1928 and remained there caring for his parents for the duration of his life. Greechan was a Private in the 51st Field Artillery, Battalion A, United States Army. He died on July 6, 1997.
0.3 Linear Feet (5 folders)
This collection contains the correspondence, postcards, photographs, and ephemera of Pvt. Francise J. Greechan, USA, before and during the Korean War.
This collection is arranged by material type and date. Series 1: Correspondence -- Series 2: Postcards -- Series 3: Photographs -- Series 4: Ephemera
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Ann Kulp. Legacy collection from Andrew Carroll.
Chapman does not hold the IP rights to this collection.
- Correspondence -- Korean War -- 1950-1953 Subject Source: Local sources
- Korea (South) -- Pusan Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Korean War, 1950-1953. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States -- Army -- Pacific Theater of Operations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Francis J. Greechan Post-Second World War correspondence
- Lauren Menges
- September 21, 2017
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard