John Wojewoda Second World War correspondence
Collection — Box: WWII 7, Folder: 14
This collection contains 6 correspondence written by John Wojewoda to two people during the Second World War: Edna C. Mercer, who later remarried and became Edna Laurence, and her daughter, Ethelyn Lee Mercer. In his letters, he replies to correspondences sent to him, reminisces about working in the States, and relays information about his various travels. There is also a photograph of a storefront, Mercer's Market, where Wojewoda used to work for the donor's father.
- 1943 December 22-1944 May 8
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
There are no restrictions on the use of this material except where previously copyrighted material is concerned. It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain all permissions. For further copyright information, please contact the archivist.
Biographical / Historical
Source: donor Sergeant John Wojewoda was born and lived in Water Mill, Long Island, New York. Wojewoda had one older sister, Helen. He worked at Mercer's Market, a grocery store owned by the donor's father. While in Italy, he was able to visit Mount Vesuvius. He was killed in action.
.08 Linear feet (1 folder)
This collection contains letters and photocopied V-mail correspondence from Sgt. John Wojewoda, 351st Infantry, USA, during the Second World War.
This collection is arranged by material type, author, and date. Series 1: Correspondence – Series 2: Ephemera
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Ethelyn C. Allen.
The envelopes are extremely frayed and torn.
Donor irrevocably transfers, conveys, and assigns to Chapman University all Intellectual Property Rights for the Donated Materials. For more information, consult original donation form.
- Correspondence -- World War, 1939-1945 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Africa, North Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Italy Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the John Wojewoda Second World War correspondence
- Under Revision
- Lee Feldman
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description