Sharp family First and Second World War correspondence
Collection — Box: WWI 3, Folder: 22
This collection contains two correspondences written by members of the Sharp family during the First and Second World Wars. Merril Sharp wrote a letter to his wife, Jenny, during the First World War, in which he has just arrived at the town of Cerans. Marvin Sharp wrote a letter to his parents, Merril and Jenny Sharp, during the Second World War, in which he checks in with his family, writes about his new haircut, the quality of the food, the weather, and asks them to write again soon.
- 1919 May 9-1943 May 1
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
There are no restrictions on the use of this material except where previously copyrighted material is concerned. It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain all permissions. For further copyright information, please contact the archivist.
Biographical / Historical
Source: donor Merril Sharp was born in 1895. He, his wife Jennie, and son Marvin lived in Dow City, Iowa. During the First World War, he was stationed in Cerans. He died on March 28, 1965. Marvin Sharp was born on August 7, 1923, in Dow City and died on September 29, 1999.
.025 Linear feet (1 folder)
Language of Materials
This collection contains letters and postcards from the Sharp family. The postcard was sent by Merril Sharp, USA, during the First World War. The letter was sent by Marvin Sharp, USN, during the Second World War.
This collection is arranged by material type, author, and date.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Sandra J. Westphal.
Donor irrevocably transfers, conveys, and assigns to Chapman University all Intellectual Property Rights for the Donated Materials. For more information, consult original donation form.
- Correspondence -- World War, 1914-1918 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence -- World War, 1939-1945 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1914-1918 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Sharp family First and Second World War correspondence
- Under Revision
- Lee Feldman
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script