Kermit Washington Bender Post-Second World War correspondence
This collection contains postcard correspondence primarily written to Pvt. Kermit Washington Bender, USA from his family and friends after the Second World War. The cards sent to Bender are Easter, birthday, and Christmas cards, in which his family checks in. On his cards, he writes about where he's been traveling, new addresses where they should send their letters, and how he yearns to be home.
- 1946 March 25 - 1946 December 17
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
There are no restrictions on the use of this material except where previously copyrighted material is concerned. It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain all permissions. For further copyright information, please contact the archivist.
Biographical / Historical
Private Kermit Washington Bender, United States Army was born to parents Jacob and Bertha Bender. He had two brothers, Jerry and Charlie, a sister, Mary, and a niece, Gloria Dawn. The family lived near Lebanon, Pennsylvania.
.08 Linear feet (1 folder)
Language of Materials
This collection contains postcards sent to and from Private Kermit Washington Bender, United States Army after the Second World War.
This collection is arranged chronologically.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Pamela J. Hertzog.
- Correspondence -- World War, 1939-1945 Subject Source: Local sources
- Postcards. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War (1939-1945) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War (1939-1945) -- Christmas Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Kermit Washington Bender Post-Second World War correspondence
- Lee Feldman
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Center for American War Letters Archives Repository
Orange CA 92866 United States