Davis Phillips Second World War correspondence
Collection — Box: WWII 17, Folder: 15
This collection contains one v-mail correspondence and photograph from Staff Sergeant Davis Phillips, 509th Bomb Squadron, 351st Bomb Group, US Air Force, to his friend Francis Rowan during the Second World War. In his letter, he catches up with his friend back home in the US while he is in England. The photo shows David Phillips standing with his wife, Pat.
- 1943 July 12
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
There are no restrictions on the use of this material except where previously copyrighted material is concerned. It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain all permissions. For further copyright information, please contact the archivist.
.025 Linear feet (1 folder)
Language of Materials
This collection contains one v-mail correspondence and a photograph from SSgt. Davis Phillips, 509th Bomb Squadron, 351st Bomb Group, USAAF, to his friend Francis Rowan during the Second World War.
This collection is arranged by material type, author, and date. Series 1: Correspondence -- Series 2: Ephemera.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Kathleen Rowan.
Donor irrevocably transfers, conveys, and assigns to Chapman University all Intellectual Property Rights for the Donated Materials. For more information, consult original donation form.
- Correspondence -- World War, 1939-1945 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- V-mail Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945--England Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Davis Phillips Second World War correspondence
- Under Revision
- Lee Feldman
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script