Vincent Myers Clark Second World War correspondence
Collection — Box: WWII 17, Folder: 16
This collection contains one postcard, one letter, one v-mail, and three photographs sent to Vincent Myers Clark from his friends Technicians Fifth Grade Harry Giddings and Frank Cate, US Army, during the Second World War. The letters from Giddings describe the ongoing campaign in the Philippines and the Pacific Islands, while Cate's letter mentions traveling after the conclusion of the War in Europe. The three photographs are of Giddings; one photo of him, one photo of him and his girfriend in Hawaii, and one of his gravestone.
- Majority of material found within 1944 May 7- 1945 May 25
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
There are no restrictions on the use of this material except where previously copyrighted material is concerned. It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain all permissions. For further copyright information, please contact the archivist.
Biographical / Historical
Harry Giddings was born on 7 September 1914. He was killed by demolition debris in Okinawa, Japan, on 22 July 1945. He was buried in Sunrise Memorial Cemetary in Hermantown, Minnesota. No biographical information for Frank Cate is present.
.08 Linear feet
Language of Materials
This collection contains one postcard, one letter, one v-mail, and three photographs sent to Vincent Myers Clark from his friends T/5 Harry Giddings and Frank Cate, USA, during the Second World War.
This collection is arranged by material type, author, and date. Series 1: Correspondence -- Series 2: Ephemera
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Carol A. Biles.
Donor retains any copyright and related rights. For more information, consult original donation form.
- Correspondence -- World War, 1939-1945 Subject Source: Local sources
- V-mail Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War (1939-1945) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War (1939-1945) -- Philippines. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War (1939-1945) -- Victory in Europe Day (VE Day) Subject Source: Local sources
- Finding Aid for the Vincent Myers Clark Second World War correspondence
- Under Revision
- Lee Feldman
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script