Reames brothers Second World War correspondence
This collection contains eight correspondences from brothers Private First Class Earl Mitchell Reames and Major John Pooley Reames, US Army, to their sister, Anna Lee Reames, during the Second World War. In his four letters, Earl discusses films he had recently seen, meeting President Franklin Roosevelt, vowing to write more, encouraging Anna on her new job, relaxing in Hawaii, and returning to his outfit. In his four letters, John writes about his new post in the Northern Combat Area Command, missing his family and feeling homesick, films he'd watched, and sending along souvenirs in the form of Chinese and Japanese currency.
- 1944 July 4-1944 September 10
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
There are no restrictions on the use of this material except where previously copyrighted material is concerned. It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain all permissions. For further copyright information, please contact the archivist.
.08 Linear feet (1 folder)
Language of Materials
This collection contains eight correspondences from brothers PFC. Earl Mitchell Reames and Major John Pooley Reames, USA, to their sister, Anna Lee Reames, during the Second World War.
This collection is arranged by material type, author, and date.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Anna R. Maring.
Donor irrevocably transfers, conveys, and assigns to Chapman University all Intellectual Property Rights for the Donated Materials. For more information, consult original donation form.
- Correspondence -- World War, 1939-1945 Subject Source: Local sources
- Romantic comedy films Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- V-mail Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War (1939-1945) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War (1939-1945) -- Hawaii Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Reames brothers Second World War correspondence
- Under Revision
- Lee Feldman
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script