George Schmid Second World War correspondence
Collection — Box: WWII 17, Folder: 18
This collection contains three correspondences written by Fireman First Class and Watertender Third Class George Schmid, US Navy, to his family during the Second World War. Stationed on the USS Phobos in the Pacific Theater, in his letters he wishes his family well, expresses missing them, muses about the continuation of the war, hopes for its conclusion, inquires about his family's Christmas, praises his son, describes films he's watching, and outlines issues he's having with cars.
- 1944 August 3-1945 July 22
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
There are no restrictions on the use of this material except where previously copyrighted material is concerned. It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain all permissions. For further copyright information, please contact the archivist.
.08 Linear feet (1 folder)
This collection contains three correspondences written by Fireman First Class and Watertender Third Class George Schmid, USN, to his family during the Second World War.
This collection is arranged by material type, author, and date.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of John C. Palmer.
Donor retains any copyright and related rights. For more information, consult original donation form.
- Correspondence -- World War, 1939-1945 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States Navy Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Christmas Subject Source: Local sources
- Finding Aid for the George Schmid Second World War correspondence
- Under Revision
- Lee Feldman
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard