Ruth B. Arnold Post Second World War correspondence
This collection is available online in Chapman University's Digital Commons: https://digitalcommons.chapman.edu/rbarnold_correspondence
This collection contains a letter from Ruth B. Arnold (Mrs. J.P.) to Captain Kenneth D. Hill, after the Second World War. Donor inherited this letter from Kenneth D. Hill, the recipient of this letter but the relationship between Hill and the donor is unknown. The envelope has an interesting stamp marking the first flight of the A.M. 84 helicopter. Ruth B. Arnold addresses the stamp on the envelope stating, “The stamp on the front of this letter will be history making. If you are not a stamp collector, you may know some one who is.” In the letter itself, Ruth addresses receiving her husband’s check but not her own and explains that she is happy to be joining her husband but it was hard to break away from a job. She also addresses multiple people such as Colonel Irwin, Dr. Peterson, and Major Robinson who presumably work at Lowry Field where this letter is addressed to. The home address displayed in the return address of the envelope is located near Chapman University campus.
- 1948 January 8
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
There are no restrictions on the use of this material except where previously copyrighted material is concerned. It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain all permissions. For further copyright information, please contact the archivist.
0.08 Linear feet (1 folder)
Language of Materials
This collection contains one letter from Mrs. Ruth B. Arnold to Capt. Kenneth D. Hill after the Second World War.
This collection is arranged by material type, author, and date.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Thia Barnes.
Donor irrevocably transfers, conveys, and assigns to Chapman University all Intellectual Property Rights for the Donated Materials. For more information, consult original donation form.
- AM-84 first flight stamp Subject Source: Local sources
- Air mail stamps Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Baby boom generation Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence -- World War, 1939-1945 Subject Source: Local sources
- Families of military personnel Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Orange (Calif.) -- Buildings, structures, etc. Subject Source: Local sources
- World War (1939-1945) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Ruth B. Arnold Post Second World War correspondence
- Wynter Salazar
- April 9, 2018
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script