Ronald E. Cisney Korean War correspondence
This collection contains correspondence from Cpl. Ronald E. Cisney, USA to his mother and stepfather during his service in the Army, 1949 - 1952 including overseas service during the Korean War. Correspondence includes letters written during his basic training at Fort Ord, service in Okinawa, service in Korea, duty assignment at Fort Riley, KS, and while hospitalized at Percy Jones Army Hospital in Battle Creek, MI. Correspondence begins in November 1949 when Cisney writes from Fort Ord, CA to "Mother and Blaine" (Mr. and Mrs. Blaine F. Bybee) in Norwalk, CA.
- 1949 November - 1952 September
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
There are no restrictions on the use of this material except where previously copyrighted material is concerned. It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain all permissions. For further copyright information, please contact the archivist.
Biographical / Historical
Corporal Ronald E. Cisney, United States Army is a cousin to Douglass R. Nicklas (2018.068. w.r).
From the donor form: "Ronald joined the Army right out of high school - age 17 in 1949. He suffered injury in Korea and finished his 'hitch' in Fort Riley, KS." --
Graves of Cisney's mother and stepfather:
News article about Cisney's infantry regiment: https://www.ocregister.com/2010/06/21/few-know-of-the-tragic-29th-in-korea/ --
.5 Linear Feet (13 folders)
Language of Materials
This collection contains correspondence written by Cpl. Ronald E. Cisney, USA during his service in the Army before and during the Korean War.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Diane Nicklas
- Korean War -- (1950-1953) -- Correspondence Subject Source: Local sources
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Hospitals -- United States Subject Source: Local sources
- Korean War, 1950-1953. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States -- Armed Forces -- African Americans. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Ronald E. Cisney Korean War correspondence
- Sharon Clairemont
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description