Lloyd L. Rawlings First World War correspondece
This collection contains one postcard from Lloyd L. Rawlings to his mother during the First World War, as well as three copies of registration cards. These include one signed registration card from 1917 at 21 years old, one registrar's report page with signature on June 5, 1918, and one signed registration card at the age of 45.
- 1918 October 23
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
There are no restrictions on the use of this material except where previously copyrighted material is concerned. It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain all permissions.
Biographical / Historical
Lloyd Loscow Rawlings (11/30/1896 - 2/13/1986) was born in Marengo, Indiana to his parents George Millard Fillmore Rawlings and Almeda Jane Tower. He wrote to his mother at the end of the First World War from an Emergency Hospital at Campt Zachary Taylor in Kentucky. Before he was drafted, Rawlings worked at The Gospel Trumpet, a religious magazine that later grew to publish books and other works. His registration card at 45 years old, in either 1941 or 1942, shows that he continued his religious work as a minister and lived in Anderson, IN, the home of the Gospel Trumpet until it ended publication in 1961. He died in 1986 in Fresno, CA.
.01 Linear feet
Language of Materials
This collection contains correspondence and registration copies for Lloyd L. Rawlings during the First World War.
This collection is arranged chronologically.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Ellen Heil.
- Correspondence -- World War, 1914-1918 Subject Source: Local sources
- Postcards. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War (1914-1918) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War (1914-1918) -- Homefront Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War (1914-1918) -- Hospitals. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War (1914-1918) -- Pictorial works Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Lloyd L. Rawlings First World War correspondence
- Andrew Harman
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note