Carl A. Robbie Second World War newspaper collection
This collection contains 144 newspapers collected by Carl Alexander Robbie during the Second World War. Included are 7 various newspapers and 137 Stars and Stripes periodicals.
The various newspapers include:
- Los Angeles Times, December 8, 1941
- Los Angeles Times, June 6, 1944
- Glendale News-Press, May 1, 1945
- Glendale News-Press, May 7, 1945
- Scottish Daily Express, June 20, 1944
- The Evening News (London), June 7, 1944
- The Evening News (London), June 8, 1944
- The Evening Standard, June 7, 1944
The Stars and Stripes range from February 26, 1944 to August 30, 1944 and include a newspaper for almost every day for each month during that span.
- 1944 February 26 - August 30
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
There are no restrictions on the use of this material except where previously copyrighted material is concerned. It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain all permissions.
3 Linear Feet (1 flat box)
Language of Materials
This collection contains 147 newspapers collected by Carl Alexander Robbie during the Second World War.
This collection is arranged by newspaper and chronology.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Carl Alexander Robbie, donated by Sandra Robbie.
The paper in this collection is damaged and falling apart. The Stars and Stripes are interleaved by month.
- Finding Aid for the Carl A. Robbie Second World War newspaper collection
- Andrew Harman
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description