Betty Sara Goetz emigration form collection
This item is an addendum to a German emigration form vouching that the person has no unpaid taxes. Betty Sara Goetz completed the form on December 2, 1940; the form provides Goetz tax number, an indication of her identification card, and that Nazi Germany did not have a concern for her taxes.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research use.
Conditions Governing Use
There are no restrictions on the use of this collection.
Biographical / Historical
Betty Sara Goetz was born on February 6, 1901, in Krumbach. Krumbach is a town in the district Günzburg in Swabia, Bavaria, Germany. This form is an addendum to a German emigration form vouching that the person emigrating has no unpaid taxes. In Nazi Germany, the officials did everything they could to take from the emigrants and their finances. Goetz completed the form on December 2, 1940; the document classifies Goetz has no tax concerns with the government. She departed from Lisbon, Portugal on the Excalibur ship, Goetz arrived at Ellis Island on August 25, 1941, at the age of 40. She passed away in February 1978, at the age of 77; her last residence was New York City.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Jeff Barack.
This item is in fair condition. The document is has been adhered to cardboard; the document is in a fragile state that it would be harmful to the item if attempting to remove it from the cardboard. The donor mentioned that the item was like this when he received it.
- Holocaust survivors -- History -- 20th Century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women and war Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Germany Subject Source: Local sources
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Betty Sara Goetz emigration form collection
- Tiana Taliep
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Oskar Schindler Archives Repository