Hayim's Holocaust Narrative collection
This six-page narrative is the description of someone's experience of the Holocaust. This item was found in a book from a used book sale. The author or original owner of the pages is unknown. In addition, the author's given name is unidentified; he renames himself Hayim. The narrative is written as historical fiction. The author of the description wrote two dates on the pages, April 13, 1946, and November 7, 1954; it is unknown which day is accurate.
Hayim is a child, but the author does not disclose his age. The narrative begins with him lying in a mass grave with his father, who is dying. Hayim flees the grave alive and escapes to the nearby woods. Following, Hayim understands that he must keep his Jewish religion a secret, but he is struggling with his identity and how to move forward. He comes across a man in a uniform who embraced Hayim as his father did. When Hayim meets this man, it seems he is at peace, and he falls asleep. Once he awakens, he is in Israel. He closes his narrative that he shall never cry again, and he will be able to live up to his name Hayim.
- 1946 - 1954
Conditions Governing Access
There are no restrictions on the use of this material exvept where previously opyrighted material is concerned. It is the reponsibility of the researcher to obtain all permissions.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection is open for research use.
1 Item (1 folder) : 6 sheets of paper
Language of Materials
- Chapman University -- Sala and Aron Samueli Holocaust Memorial Library Subject Source: Local sources
- Chapman University -- The Rodgers Center for Holocaust Education Subject Source: Local sources
- Children's literature -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Folk Literature. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Holocaust survivors -- History -- 20th Century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Israel Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jewish Holocaust (1939-1945) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid of the Hayim's Holocaust Narrative collection
- Tiana Taliep
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Oskar Schindler Archives Repository