Clifford Lester photograph collection
This collection contains nine colored photographs taken by professor and photographer Clifford Lester. These photographs were taken in 2011 of Holocaust survivors, including Max Webb, Leon and Natasha Weinstein, and Cantor Leopold and Isabelle Szneer.
- 2011 - 2011
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research use.
Conditions Governing Use
This element identifies any restirctions on reproduction due to copyright or other reasons, as well as restrictions on further use of the materials being described, such as publication, after access has been provided.
Biographical / Historical
Clifford Lester is a professor of photography at Cypress College and a student of the Jewish experience. He spent twenty-seven years of his career as a studio advertising photographer. Following, he became a professor at Cypress College. Clifford is a committed photographer; his most meaningful project is documenting Holocaust Survivors. Clifford says his goal of these images is to "capture the Faith and courage of those who survived, and to honor the memory of those loved ones lost, so the memory and lessons of the Holocaust will never be forgotten."
1 Files : 9 items in folders, located in a flat-file drawer.
Language of Materials
The collection is arranged by Holocaust Survivors.
- Holocaust survivors -- History -- 20th Century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Holocaust survivors in art Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Holocaust victims Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jewish children in the Holocaust Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jewish women in the Holocaust Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Clifford Lester photograph collection
- Tiana Taliep
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Oskar Schindler Archives Repository