Dr. Isabella Wiener collection
Scope and Contents
The Dr. Isabella Wiener collection contains her unpublished writing from the 1980s to the 19990s. Some of the titles include "From the Edge of Hell and Back," "Josef Mengele, Killer," "Killer of Jews," "The Killers Among Us," and "The Letter of Death." The documents are both handwritten and typed, some including annotations. The collection holds notes that support her work, in addition to articles and newspaper clippings. Also in the collection is a photograph of Dr. Isabella Wiener and her resume. The collection is arranged in alphabetical order.
- Majority of material found within 1980 - 1995
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for access.
Conditions Governing Use
There is no restrictions on the use of this material except where previously copyrighted materials is concerned. It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain all permissions.
Biographical / Historical
Isabella S. Wiener was born on January 8, 1915, in Laguna, CA, to Isaac and Jennie Karmatz. She owned and operated a pre-school for gifted children in Los Angeles. She spent the majority of her adult life in the field of education. A career student, she always pursued furthering her education as well. She earned a PhD. in child psychology at the age of seventy-two from United States International University in San Diego. Isabella Wiener raised six of her children and also fostered children in the family home. She passed away on July 24, 2011.
0.42 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
The collection is comprised of unpublished manuscripts written by Dr. Isabella Wiener, both handwritten and typed. There is a bound manuscript titled "The Killer Among Us." The collection also contains items documenting Winer, including newspaper clippings, her resume, and photographs.
This collection is arranged in alphabetical order.
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) -- Historiography Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945), in literature Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jewish Holocaust (1939-1945) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War (1939-1945) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Dr. Isabella Wiener collection
- Tiana Taliep
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Oskar Schindler Archives Repository