Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 712
Materials in this record group contain the history, ephemera and realia concerning the six academic schools and colleges of Chapman University and the various institutes and research centers connected to them.
This collection contains one letter from S1/C Joseph M. Accurso, USN to Bill and Flo in Chicago, Illinois during the Second World War.
This collection consists of materials pertaining to Alma Flor Ada and her methods of teaching. Included are selected lesson plans, teaching materials, written works by Alma Flor Ada, a selection of papers by three of her students, photographs, misc. ephemera and two VHS tapes of her lectures. Also included are various works and education philosophies of Paulo Freire. Of particular interest is a stick puppet of Paulo Freire that was used as an instructional aide.
This collection contains one correspondence from Lt. Charles C. Adams, AEF to friends during the First World War.
This collection contains two letters from CCM Clarence Joseph Adams, USN to his family during the Second World War.
This collection contains correspondence from Noel Adams, USMM to his wife shortly after the Second World War.
This collection contains 351 correspondence written to Ruth A. Adams by soldiers and sailors during the Second World War, including various holiday cards. Most of the collection, 307 letters, were written by EM3/C Eugene A. "Gene" Gasseaux, USN (USS Jobb). There were ten other soldiers and sailors, as well as six civilian authors of postcards and letters.
This collection contains two copies of one letter, handwritten and typed transcription, from Cpl. Irving Adler, USA to his parents during the Second World War discussing his experience of liberating the Buchenwald concentration camp in Germany.
A collection of specimens of California die-cut printing.
This collection contains correspondence from F/O Roland W. Alderman, USAAF, to his brother Clarence and his mother during and shortly after the Second World War.
This collection contains letters from Cpl. Ivan Robert Alford, USAAF, to his parents, Orville Leland Alford and Alwena (Plagmann) Alford, during the Second World War. Alford belonged to Company B, 845th Aviation Engineers Battalion.
The Alfred and Annalee Roegtten collection contains documents, correspondence, printed material, and photographs. The content is both original and reproduction. The bulk dates of this collection is 1941-1945. It documents Alred and Annalee's life during Nazi-occupied Netherlands.
This collection contains turtle artifacts and two display cases.
This archive is a collection of the records of the Orange County American-Italian Renaissance Foundation Lodge (OCAIRF) and other related material.
Correspondence from Thomas F. Anderson to his sister, Regina Anderson, during the Second World War.
This collection contains 95 items from screenwriter Edward Anhalt.
A diary kept by an American soldier during World War I.
This collection contains a large number of bookplates and publications dealing with the study and collection of bookplates compiled by Audrey Arellanes.
This collection consists of several small Armed Services Edition books printed for distribution to American military servicemen/women overseas during World War II from 1943 to 1946. The books feature an array of non-fiction titles as well as classics, poetry, cartoons, biographies and fiction titles of various genres. The published books are complete works and not merely digests.
This collection contains correspondence written to Roberta Armor by friends and family during the Second World War.
This collection contains one letter from Mrs. Ruth B. Arnold to Capt. Kenneth D. Hill after the Second World War.
This collection contains articles and documents related to the Mendez v. Westminster case. These records were put together by Christopher Arriola, a Deputy District Attorney for the County of Santa Clara who appeared in Sandra Robbie's 2003 documentary film Mendez vs. Westminster: For All the Children.
This collection encompasses items from Arthur Corder’s service in the Second World War. He was assigned as an aide to one of the officers who were among the first Allied military into Mauthausen Concentration Camp on May 5, 1945. Corder had the clearance to take seized items back to the United States, these includes watches, documents, photographs, a camera, and Third Reich relics.
This collection contains digital images of illustrated books by various artists.
This collection contains personal correspondence to and from Lila Oliver Asher, as well as sketches done by Asher, military realia, and a series of thank you letters to Asher.
This collection contains 1 letter from Sgt. Whitman G. Ashley, AEF to Mr. and Mrs. Harold E. Ruhling during the First World War.
This Record Group contains information on the Athletics Department at Chapman University.
This collection contains ten letters ranging from April to October 1864 written by Hiram Austin to his wife Susan Austin during the American Civil War.
- Language: English X
- Center for American War Letters Archives 460
- Frank Mt. Pleasant Library of Special Collections and Archives, Leatherby Libraries 193
- University Archives, Frank Mt. Pleasant Library of Special Collections & Archives 31
- Oskar Schindler Archives 28
- World War (1939-1945) 254
- Correspondence -- World War, 1939-1945 213
- World War (1914-1918) 105
- Correspondence -- World War, 1914-1918 88
- World War (1939-1945) -- Homefront 57
- World War II 53
- World War (1914-1918) -- France 51
- World War (1939-1945) -- France 50
- United States. -- Army. 48
- Photographs 46
- World War (1939-1945) -- Germany 44
- United States. -- Navy 42
- Vietnam War (1961-1975) -- Correspondence 31
- Jewish Holocaust (1939-1945) 29
- Correspondence -- American Civil War 28
- Military training camps 28
- World War (1939-1945) -- Christmas 28
- World War (1939-1945) -- Philippines. 27
- Vietnam War (1961-1975) -- Vietnam. 26
- World War (1939-1945) -- England 25 ∧ less
- French 1
- German 1
- Portuguese 1
- Freire, Paulo, 1921-1997 6
- Howser, Huell 5
- McLaren, Peter, 1948- 4
- Steinberg, Shirley R., 1952- 4
- Giroux, Henry A. 3
- Boisjoly, R. M. (Roger M.) 2
- Carter, Robert L., 1917-2012 2
- Chapman, Charles C. (Clarke) 2
- Gallegos, Beverly Guzman, August 5, 1948- 2
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945 2
- Roosevelt, James, 1907-1991 2
- United States Postal Service 2
- Adams, Charles C., LT, b. 1892 1
- American Red Cross 1
- Anhalt, Edward, 1914-2000 1
- Blazo, Ezra G., Private, 1833-1863 1
- Boyd, William, 1895-1972 1
- Brooker, Donald F. 1
- Burr, Wakeman 1
- Casteel, Bertha (Long) 1 ∧ less